This simple Italian-inspired dessert is the perfect sweet treat to impress your guests with. Light, chewy meringue crumbled into luscious whipped cream, lemon curd and Greek yogurt. This twist on a classic semifreddo takes just 15 minutes to prep for the freezer. Simply finished off with a drizzle of honey and some vibrant fresh berries.
- Line a 1kg loaf tin with clingfilm, leaving a 5cm overhang on all sides. Chill in the freezer while you make the semifreddo.
- Pare 1 thin strip of rind from the lemon, and then cut into very thin strips and set aside to use for decoration. Zest the remainder of the lemon. Crumble 6 of the merginue nests.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks. Gently fold in the yogurt and lemon curd until well combined. Fold through the lemon zest and the crumbled nests.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and freeze overnight or for a minimum of 12 hrs.
- Turn onto a platter and remove the clingfilm. Drizzle with the honey, top with the strawberries, raspberries and pared lemon rind, and them crumble over the remaining meringue nests. Leave at room temperature for 10 mins before cutting into slices and serving.
See more Italian recipes
This dessert is not suitable for refreezing.