Make your midweek meals more interesting with this fast, flavoursome family recipe. This creamy pasta dish, with chicken, button mushrooms and peas, can be whipped up in under 30 minutes and is sure to become a firm favourite.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan. Add the chicken and fry for 3-4 mins on each side, until cooked through. Remove to a plate and set aside until needed.
- Pour the wine (if using), or 200ml water into the frying pan and bubble for 1 min, scraping off any meaty bits stuck to the base with a wooden spoon. Pour the liquid into a small bowl and reserve for later.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water following the packet instructions.
- Using the same frying pan, melt the butter until foaming. Add the mushroom and fry for 5 mins, or until golden. Stir in the garlic, cook for 30 secs, then return the chicken to the pan, along with the peas, and cook for 2 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in the reserved liquid, lemon juice and ricotta; season.
- Lightly drain the pasta and add to the chicken mixture; toss to combine. Divide among 4 bowls and scatter over the parsley and Parmesan. Serve immediately.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.