Chicken, crème fraîche and tarragon pasta recipe
The perfect midweek dinner, this healthy pasta recipe with chicken can be prepared in just 15 minutes. If you don't have crème fraîche, use a little cream or plain yogurt – just add it at the last minute so it doesn't curdle. See method
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300ml crème fraîche
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 500g penne
- 1 lemon, juiced
If you haven't got penne, try using fusilli or another short pasta
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and add in the chicken pieces. Cook over a medium heat for about 3 mins, stirring a few times.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water, according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, add the garlic, crème fraîche and tarragon to the chicken and lower the heat. Season well and let the sauce bubble while you cook the pasta.
- Once the pasta is al dente and the chicken is cooked through, drain the pasta and add it to the sauce, along with a little of the cooking water to loosen it slightly. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice (to taste).
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.