Try this brilliant ramen dish for a one bowl wonder meal! Made with veg, noodles, tofu and broth, it is a real winner.
- Slice the tofu into 8 pieces; lay them flat in a container. Mix the soy sauce, honey and orange juice together, pour over the tofu and marinate for 1 hour. Turn each piece over every 15 minutes.
- Place all the broth ingredients in a large saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Cook the soba noodles until just soft; drain and run under cold water. Divide into 4 and wrap each portion into a circle shape. Set aside until needed.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat, then add the groundnut oil and fry each piece of tofu for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Strain the ramen mix into a new saucepan and discard all the aromatics except the mushrooms. Slice these and set aside for serving. Bring the broth to the boil, then simmer. Add the corn and mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes, then remove them with a slotted spoon and divide between 4 bowls. Top with a portion of noodles.
- Place the pak choi halves into the broth for 1 minute, remove with a slotted spoon and place 2 into each bowl. Blanch the beansprouts for at least 15 seconds in boiling water.
- Ladle over the broth, and add 2 pieces of tofu, beansprouts and chilli slices to each bowl. Garnish with a tiny drizzle of sesame oil.
See more Japanese recipes