Mexican-style almond milk with vanilla and amaretto recipe
Get inspired by Mexican-style horchata with this easy warming hot drink recipe. Mix together almond milk, rice milk and amaretto with fragrant vanilla pods and cinnamon sticks for the ultimate autumnal treat. See method
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla pod
- 600ml unsweetened almond milk
- 400ml unsweetened rice milk
- 100ml amaretto
- ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Break the cinnamon sticks into pieces and slice the vanilla pod lengthways. Scrape the vanilla seeds into a small saucepan using the back of a knife, then drop in the vanilla pod and broken cinnamon sticks.
- Pour in the almond milk and rice milk and warm over a medium heat until boiling point. Remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 5 minutes, then strain into a jug. Stir in the amaretto.
- To serve, divide between cups and sprinkle each with a pinch of cinnamon.
See more Drinks recipes