These microwave chocolate brownies are simply amazing and perfect for a quick-fix when you're craving something sweet. What's more, these deliciously gooey brownies are made in a jiffy, with almost no cleaning up!
- Dice the butter and put in a 22cm microwavable dish; a square silicon or Pyrex works well.
- Cook on full power for 30-45 seconds, stirring half way, until melted.
- Remove and tip into a mixing bowl, use a pastry brush or piece of kitchen paper to grease the dish that the butter was in, you’ll use this for the brownies.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and cocoa to the melted butter and whisk, using electric beaters, until combined. Add the eggs, one by one, beating after each addition then fold in the flour and the chocolate chips. Pour into the greased dish, using a spatula to get all the mixture out, and then cook on full power for 4-5 minutes, depending on the strength of your microwave.
- Stand for at least 15 minutes before cutting as the brownies will firm up as they cool. For firmer brownies leave until the next day to cut. Cut into 12 squares.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
Bake according to the recipe but stop before adding decoration or icing if called for. Allow to cool completely. Wrap well in clingfilm and tin foil (to prevent freezer burn) and freeze for up to 3 months.
Loosen the tin foil and clingfilm but leave to defrost in packaging at room temperature for several hours before serving. If you wish to serve the baked goods warm, place them on a baking sheet for 10 minutes in a moderate oven.
If you wish to add icing or decoration, add them after the baked goods have fully defrosted and are at room temperature.
See more Baking recipes
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.