Introduce your children to the flavours of the Mediterranean with this combination of chicken and chorizo.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C.
- Place the chicken, skin-side up, in a roasting tin with sweet potato chunks – a perfect job for little helpers.
- Leaving the skin on lightly crush the garlic cloves and ask the children to place them amongst the pieces of chicken.
- Drizzle the rapeseed oil over the pan and add the chicken stock, then season. Get the kids to squeeze the lemon juice in too before adding the juiced halves of lemon to the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes. About 30 minutes in add the chorizo, courgettes and chilli.
- Cut into the thickest part of the thigh to check that the chicken is cooked through with no pink showing, then remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Mix the spinach and parsley leaves through the hot chicken mix and serve immediately.
See all Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.