1. Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and lay the prosciutto slices on top.
2. Put most of the spring onions, the garlic and rice into a 3ltr (or larger) baking dish. Pour over 850ml stock, stir briefly, then cover with foil. Transfer to the oven with the prosciutto on the shelf above and bake for 10 mins or until the prosciutto is dark and crispy.
3. Remove the prosciutto from the oven and set aside. Stir the courgette and asparagus into the rice, then re-cover with the foil. Bake for another 15-20 mins until the rice is tender.
4. Stir in the peas. If the liquid has all been absorbed, re-cover with foil; otherwise leave it off. Return to the oven for 3-5 mins until the peas are cooked. Stir in the Parmesan, soft cheese and some black pepper, plus the remaining stock if it’s looking dry.
5. Stir in lemon zest and juice to taste, if using. Break the crispy prosciutto into small pieces and scatter over the top with the remaining spring onions and extra grated Parmesan, if you like.
Tip: Other soft cheeses also work here: try roulé. To make it veggie, use vegetarian hard cheese and skip the prosciutto.
See more Risotto recipes