Passion fruit mousse recipe
This fruity, fluffy mousse has a zingy twist from the sweet, sharp flavours of tropical passion fruit. It's simple to make and requires overnight setting in the fridge. See method
- 4 leaves gelatine
- 125ml (4fl oz) passion fruit juice
- 4 passion fruit
- 1 x 397g tin condensed milk
- 300ml (1/2 pint) whipping cream
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Soak the gelatine in a bowl of small water until softened. Meanwhile put the passion fruit juice and the pulp and seeds of 2 passion fruit in a small pan and heat. Squeeze the water out of the gelatine, take the pan off the heat and stir the gelatine in until dissolved, then pour into a large bowl and leave to cool.
- Once the mixture is cooled, pour in the condensed milk and stir well. Whip the cream until it is just holding soft peaks, then fold into the condensed milk mixture. Pour into 6 ramekins or dariole moulds, put in the fridge and leave to set for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Once set, if using dariole moulds, turn out and spoon over the remaining passionfruit pulp from the remaining two passion fruit by cutting them open and spooning it out. If using ramekins, spoon the passion fruit on top.
See more Brazilian recipes