Get creative with your Halloween desserts with these fun poached pear ghosts. Cooked in sweet apple juice and cinnamon, you can decorate them with spooky faces that the whole family will love.
- Place the peeled pears into a saucepan with the apple juice and cinnamon stick. Lid on, simmer gently for about 20 mins, until the pears are slightly soft. Remove from the juice and place on a plate.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and continue to gently simmer the remaining juice for about 5-10 mins until it has thickened slightly and become syrupy.
- Pour the pomegranate juice into another small pan and gently simmer for about 10 mins until thickened slightly and become syrupy.
- Cut a thin sliver off the base of each pear so they stand. Give each ghost pear two eyes (make a small hole with a skewer first to make sure the eyes stay in!) and push the sunflower seeds into the pear to make a small circle for a scary ghost mouth.
- Drizzle a little of the ‘blood’ syrup into each ghost mouth and a small drizzle/puddle of the reduced apple juice – serve your scary ghosts with care.
See all Halloween recipes