This is not your average sandwich - a delicious shareable savoury treat packed to the brim with Parma ham, brie, roasted red peppers, cucumber and so much more! Kids will really enjoy helping to make this picnic showstopper. You can make this up to 2 days in advance and store tightly wrapped in the fridge until needed.
- Combine the pesto and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Mix together the peppers, sundried tomatoes and basil and season well.
- Cut the loaf in half horizontally, then scoop most of the dough inside to make room for the filling. Kids will love helping you with this.
- Spread the pesto mayonnaise inside both pieces of the loaf and layer up with the pepper/tomato mix, ham, jarlsberg, brie, salami, cucumber and little gem leaves. Replace the top of the loaf, press together gently, wrap tightly in cling film and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Tip: The bread you scoop out of the middle can be made into breadcrumbs in a blender, tipped into a bag and frozen for up to a month.
See more Cooking with kids recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.