A delicious spin on stuffed peppers, sweet red onions are loaded with hearty bulgur, nutty celeriac, fragrant kale and creamy Stilton in this delicious dinner for two.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a baking dish, then add the onions. Cover with foil and bake for 35-40 mins, until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the bulgur wheat following the pack instructions.
- Remove the onions from the oven and carefully scoop out the centres with a spoon. Chop the removed centres and add to a frying pan with the remaining oil and the celeriac. Cook over a low heat for 5 mins, stirring often.
- Stir in the walnuts, cranberries and kale. Cook for a further 2 mins, until the kale wilts. Stir in the bulgur wheat, parsley, crème fraîche and half the Stilton. Season.
- Spoon this mixture into the onions, and return them to the dish, spooning any excess stuffing onto the dish. Top the onions with the remaining Stilton; bake for 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, steam the beans or peas for 4 minutes. Serve with the onions and extra stuffing.