Celebrate Easter with a crowd-pleasing roast that's brimming with delicious spring flavours. This easy recipe gives gorgeous, rosemary-studded roast lamb with roasted new potatoes, artichoke hearts and lemon slices – a cracking Easter lunch that's sure to be enjoyed by all.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Using a small sharp knife, make slits all over the lamb. Stuff the slits using half the rosemary, then season well.
- Put the potatoes and garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle over the olive oil and season well; toss to combine. Tip the mixture into a roasting tin and spread out in an even layer. Scatter over the remaining rosemary sprigs. Sit the lamb on top and cover loosely with foil.
- Roast for 40 minutes, then remove from the oven and discard the foil. Add the artichokes and lemon slices to the tin, then return to the oven for 15 minutes more.
- Open the oven and carefully pour the stock into the tin. Increase the temperature to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C and roast for a further 20 minutes (for medium meat).
- Remove from the oven and cover loosely with foil. Set aside to rest for 15-20 minutes. Carve the lamb and serve with the potatoes, artichokes, lemons and pan juices.
See more Lamb recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.