This easy roast leg of lamb recipe is bursting with beautiful flavours thanks to a flavour-packed anchovy crust, made with anchovies, garlic and lemon juice. Paired with rosemary hasselback potatoes, it's a showstopping roast recipe that's sure to impress.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Begin by preparing your paste. Empty all the crust ingredients into a food processor and whizz to a coarse paste.
- Place the leg of lamb in a large roasting dish and spoon over the paste. Using the back of the spoon, gently smooth it over the lamb.
- Cut the potatoes in 2mm slices widthways, two thirds of the way through – don't cut through to the bottom. Nestle the potatoes around the lamb. Add the halved garlic bulb and rosemary stems. Scatter over the lemon zest.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the lamb and potatoes. Season well. Roast for about 1 hr 15 mins. Check the lamb after an hour and if the crust is becoming too dark, loosely cover the roasting tray with foil and return to the oven.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 mins. Carve the lamb and serve alongside the potatoes.
See more Lamb recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.