The lamb is roasted in the oven slowly until it's mouthwateringly tender. Served with a fresh and creamy radish and mint tzatziki, it's guaranteed to be the highlight of your weekend and perfect for a family get-together.
- Preheat the oven to gas 3, 170°C, fan 150°C. Put the lamb in a large roasting tin and rub all over with the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, anchovy and lemon zest. Make slits all over the lamb and stuff with the garlic mixture. Drizzle or squeeze over the lemon juice, then scatter with the oregano and cinnamon; season well. Cover with foil and roast for 4 hours.
- Remove the foil and increase the heat to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Cook the lamb for a further 25 minutes, or until browned. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and leave to rest for 20-35 minutes (while you cook the veg sides).
- Meanwhile, combine the tzatziki ingredients in a small bowl; season well. Set aside until needed.
- Transfer the lamb to a serving platter and carve into thick slices. Serve with the tzatziki and veg sides.
See more Easter recipes
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.