Seasoned with a fragrant blend of rosemary and garlic and roasted until golden and crisp on the outside with heavenly fluffy centres, your classic roasties don't get much better than this.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Peel and cut the potatoes in half. Put in a large pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, add 1 tsp table salt and cook for 8 minutes. Drain the potatoes and shake well in the colander to fluff up the edges. Leave in the colander covered with a clean tea towel to absorb the steam for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the goose fat in a roasting tin and heat for 5 minutes while the potatoes dry.
- Mix the rosemary, garlic and sea salt in a bowl. Add the potatoes to the roasting tin, coat them in the hot goose fat, then sprinkle over the rosemary mix.
- Roast in the oven for an hour, turning halfway through cooking, until very crisp and golden.
See more Roast side dishes