A great way to make the most of flavoursome salmon fillets and an exciting twist on classic quiche. A buttery pastry case filled with moist salmon and a gorgeous crème fraîche mix - the perfect light lunch or picnic hamper delight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6 and put in a baking sheet to warm.
- Rub the butter into the flour with the salt until you have coarse breadcrumbs. Add water a little at a time using a round-bladed knife to mix until the mixture just comes together. Form into a ball, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile season and bake the salmon in a dish in the oven with a little oil for about 15 minutes or until the fish just starts to flake apart. Leave to cool. Roll out the pastry and press it gently into a lightly greased flan tin. Prick all over with a fork and bake in the oven on the baking sheet for 20 minutes until pale gold.
- Flake the salmon into pieces and spread evenly over the pastry base. Whisk together the eggs and cream and crème fraîche and season, then pour over the salmon.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until just set and golden brown. Leave to cool before serving.
See more #EvenBetter recipes