Chicken is definitely a kids’ favourite and cooked into this cheesy dish, excited smiles are sure to make an appearance.
- Preheat your oven to gas 3½,175°C, fan 155°C.
- Bring to boil a pot of lightly salted water. Drop in the pasta and boil for 8-9 minutes, strain and set aside.
- Over a medium-high heat, place a large pan and add 20ml of oil. Once hot, fry the chicken for approximately 4-6 minutes until cooked through with no pink showing. Spoon into a large bowl to cool.
- In the same pan with the remaining 20ml of oil, fry the mushrooms until they have released all moisture. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add into the bowl with the chicken.
- Slice the broccoli into small florets and steam or boil for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add the broccoli to the chicken and mushrooms with the dry herbs, stock, milk, crème fraîche, salt and pepper. Ask your little helper to mix together until combined.
- Add the pasta and stir well. Pour into the casserole dish and set aside whilst you make the cheesy topping.
- Ask your little helper to spread the breadcrumbs onto an oven tray. Bake in the oven until lightly golden and crispy for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, set aside to cool and mix in the grated Parmesan.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top of the casserole and cook in the oven for a further 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.