This easy recipe for a classic breakfast in bed is perfect for Mother's Day and the kids can even help you to make it. With smoked salmon, fresh chives, spring onions and scrambled eggs, this beautiful breakfast will definitely put a smile on her face and your kids will really enjoy helping you put it together.
- Crack the eggs into a large jug or mixing bowl. Add the milk and a little seasoning, then whisk until pale yellow – the kids will love helping with this part. Stir in most of the chives.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan set over a medium heat. Add the spring onions and fry for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Turn up the heat slightly and add the beaten egg. Leave it to cook for 20 seconds, then gently mix it with a spatula, or wooden spoon. Cook for another 20 seconds and then mix again. Repeat until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread and ask the kids to butter it. Cut into triangles and arrange 2 on each plate.
- To serve, divide the eggs between the 4 plates. The kids can then top with the smoked salmon and remaining chives.
See more Mother's Day recipes
If serving vulnerable groups, elderly people, toddlers, pregnant women and people who are unwell, cook eggs until the whites and yolks are solid.