Sit back and stay cool this summer, with this Italian-inspired frozen dessert. Made with a refreshing blend of watermelon, mint, lime and pomegranate, it's so easy to make at home. All you need you is a freezer-proof bowl to get you started.
- Put the lime juice, sugar and mint sprigs in a pan. Warm over a low heat, stirring continuously, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely. Discard the mint.
- In a blender, whizz the watermelon until the fruit has broken down.
- Using a spatula, push the watermelon mixture through a fine sieve into a freezer-proof bowl. Discard the pips left in the sieve.
- Add the pomegranate juice and the lime juice, to taste. Cover the bowl and freeze for 4-5 hrs, raking with a fork every hour to break up and disperse the ice crystals. The mixture should resemble slushy ice.
- To serve, spoon the mixture into glasses or ramekins and garnish with the extra mint sprigs.
See more Fruity summer dessert recipes