Try something new for your Sunday roast and transport your tastebuds to Spain with this stunning seafood medley, loaded with cod, salmon and prawns. Tapas classics patatas bravas and chorizo add a delicious smoky heat.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Pour 2 tbsp olive oil into a large, fairly shallow roasting tray and heat in the oven for 3-4 mins. Add the cubed potatoes, 2 sprigs of rosemary, season well, then roast for 30-40 mins. Shake the tray occasionally to ensure they cook evenly.
- Meanwhile, scatter the red onion and fennel evenly in a large, shallow roasting tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, season, then roast for 15-20 mins.
- Put the cod, salmon, prawns and chorizo over the fennel and onion and scatter with the remaining rosemary and the lemon zest and juice. Tuck the cherry tomatoes between the fish, prawns and chorizo and drizzle with 3 tbsp olive oil. Roast for another 10 mins, or until the fish is cooked through.
- While the fennel is cooking, make the sauce for the patatas bravas. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium-sized pan over a medium heat. Add the red onion, season, then fry for 3-4 mins, until softened but not coloured. Add the garlic, chilli and smoked paprika, then fry for another 2 mins. Add the chopped tomatoes and sugar, then stir well. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 15-20 mins, until thick and flavoursome. Remove from the heat and add the red wine vinegar. Season to taste.
- Spoon the tomato sauce onto a serving dish with the hot potatoes, then scatter with the basil. Serve with the roasted fish, fennel leaves and lemon wedges.
Tip: You can peel the potatoes if you prefer, but leaving them with their skins on to roast means they will come out of the oven with a deliciously crispy finish.
See more Spanish recipes