Spicy beef and tomato sausage rolls recipe
Gorgeously golden on top and wonderfully spicy with a mix of beef, sun-dried tomato paste, chilli flakes and red onion, these party bites are a real crowd-pleaser. The recipe makes 16 so there's plenty to share around. See method
- 250g minced beef
- 1tbsp sun dried tomato paste
- 1-2tsp chilli flakes
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 375g puff pastry, ready rolled
- 2 egg yolks beaten, to glaze pastry
If you don't have red onions, try using white, brown or spring onions
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Combine all the filling ingredients together and preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Unroll the pastry on to a lightly floured work surface. Cut into 2 long rectangles. Cut the large rectangle in half lengthways, then cut both smaller rectangles into eight equal sections. You now have 16 rectangles in total.
- Brush one end of each rectangle with a little of the beaten egg, lay a piece of beef mince sausage filling at the other end. Roll the sausage filling up in the pastry to enclose and repeat until all the pastry and filling has been used. Score the tops with a sharp knife for decoration. Brush all over with the rest of the beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes, or until the pastry has turned golden-brown and looks crisp. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before serving.
See more Sausage recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.