Give your summertime salads punchy flavour and extra bite with cheesy Parmesan croutons and a sweet honey, apple and lemon dressing. The perfect addition to an alfresco spread!
- Put the apple in a bowl and toss with the lemon juice and 2 tbsp water. Set aside.
- Dry-fry the lardons in a large frying pan for 3-4 minutes, until golden. Drain on kitchen paper. Wipe the pan to remove the excess oil.
- To make the croutons, put the bread in a bowl and toss with the oil, Parmesan and lemon zest; season well. Fry, over a low heat, for 1-2 minutes, until golden. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, put the mustard, honey, apple, lemon zest and juice and oil in a small jug; whisk to combine.
- Arrange the leaves on a platter. Drain the apple and scatter it over the salad along with the bacon and croutons. Toss with the dressing.
See more Summer salad recipes