This vegetarian bowl is a celebration of spring flavours. With tendersweet carrots, asparagus and mint and tossed with a punchy harissa and honey dressing, this makes an ideal midweek meal. To make this gluten-free, use a pack of wholegrain rice and swap the honey for maple syrup for a vegan option.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C and bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- In a bowl, combine the harissa, lemon juice and zest, honey and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season to taste and set aside.
- If using tendersweet carrots, leave them whole. If using normal carrots, quarter lengthways. Put the carrots, radish and red pepper into a baking tray, toss with 2 tbsp olive oil, season well and roast in the oven for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the wholegrain rice pack according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, toss together with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and the chopped mint. Season to taste.
- Once the carrots have cooked, add the asparagus to the baking tray and roast for a further 10-15 mins or until all the vegetables are golden and cooked through.
- To serve, toss most of the roasted vegetables through the rice and spoon onto a platter. Top with the remaining vegetables and a few more mint leaves. Drizzle with harissa dressing and serve.
See more Salad recipes