Tomato and basil bruschetta recipe
The perfect dish to start your alfresco dinner, bringing the taste of Italy to your table has never been easier. Sweet baby tomatoes and crunchy ciabatta make this simple vegan starter light yet filling. Finish with torn basil leaves and cracked black pepper. See method
- Tesco Finest Olive Ciabatta 270g
- 2 tbsp Tesco Finest Tuscan extra virgin olive oil
- 250g Tesco Finest sweet mixed baby tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 10g fresh basil, roughly chopped
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the grill to high. Halve a Tesco Finest olive ciabatta lengthways, then cut each half into 4 pieces. Place on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp Tesco Finest Tuscan extra virgin olive oil. Grill for 2-3 mins until browned, then flip and repeat until lightly browned and crisp (making sure they don’t catch). Rub all over with a large halved garlic clove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, wash and quarter a 250g pack Tesco Finest Sweet Mixed Baby Tomatoes. Put in a large mixing bowl; season with salt. Stir in olive oil, red wine vinegar and 10g roughly chopped fresh basil. Divide the mixture between the toasts, spooning over any juices, then season with black pepper and scatter with extra basil leaves to serve.
See more Starter recipes