Ultimate Christmas sandwich recipe
Christmas leftovers get a wow-factor makeover in this Boxing Day treat. Ready in 10, use whatever festive leftovers you have to hand – we've even used crisps. Don't forget the gravy for dipping! See method
- 100ml plus 1 tbsp leftover gravy
- 75g mayonnaise
- 6 slices Tesco Finest white loaf with sourdough
- 50g cranberry sauce
- 200g leftover cooked turkey or beef
- 75g Brie
- 100g shredded sprouts
- 75g pickled red cabbage
- 50g Tesco Finest pigs in blankets crinkle cut crisps
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Stir 1 tbsp of the leftover gravy into the mayonnaise; set aside. Spread 4 slices of the sourdough with a thin layer of the mayo. Lay 2 slices mayo-side down then spread with the cranberry sauce and top with the turkey or beef and thinly sliced Brie. Sandwich with the remaining bread, mayo-side up.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-low heat and toast for 2-3 mins each side, pressing down with a spatula, so the cheese melts and the bread becomes golden. Meanwhile, toast the last 2 slices of bread and spread with the remaining gravy mayo.
- Reheat the remaining leftover gravy in the microwave until piping hot. Remove the toasted sandwiches from the pan and top with the shredded sprouts, pickled red cabbage and crisps. Press the toasted bread on top, mayo-side down, then slice in half and serve with the hot gravy on the side for dipping.
See more Ultimate sandwich recipes