White chocolate nests recipe
Rustle up a batch of these sweet white chocolate and coconut nests packed with pretty pastel chocolate eggs. Kids will really enjoy helping to make and decorate these creative treats and they are perfect for sharing with friends and family this Easter. See method
- 400g white chocolate cake covering
- 75g desiccated coconut
- 5 shredded wheats
- 4 heaped tbsp milk chocolate micro eggs
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
- icing flowers, to decorate
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Place the white chocolate cake covering into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water and melt, stirring occasionally. While still on the heat, add the desiccated coconut and stir well – the chocolate may feel as though it is thickening, but as long as it stays warm it will melt again. Break up the shredded wheats and add them to the bowl and gently fold together to mix and coat well in the chocolate.
- Spoon into 4 x 10cm diameter Yorkshire pudding moulds and form nest shapes using a metal spoon. Use the spoon to smooth out a centre cavity for the eggs. Chill for 1 hr until firm.
- Remove from the tin and place onto a board. Fill each nest with the eggs. Put the cocoa powder into a small sieve and scatter a light dusting of cocoa over the top of each. Finish with an iced flower decoration and serve.
See more Edible Easter gift recipes
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.