Friday: Turkey kofta with flatbreads
500g 7% fat turkey thigh mince
20g fresh mint, finely chopped
1 courgette, grated
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 egg, beaten
10g fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
100g Greek-style yogurt
250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4-pack Deli Kitchen Greek-style flatbreads
100g Greek-style salad cheese, crumbled
1 romaine lettuce, finely shredded
¼ of a cucumber portion, finely chopped
½ lemon, cut into wedges
1. Preheat the grill to high. Lightly grease a baking tray with oil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the turkey mince, mint, courgette, chilli, 2 crushed garlic cloves, egg and parsley (saving a little to garnish) until evenly combined. Shape the mix into 16 sausage-shaped koftas and place on the baking tray. Drizzle with oil and place under the grill for 10-12 mins, turning halfway through, until evenly golden and cooked throughout.
3. Meanwhile, mix together the remaining garlic clove and yogurt, then season with pepper.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar, then season with pepper.
5. Warm the flatbreads according to packet instructions. Top the warm flatbreads with the koftas, garlic yogurt, salad cheese, romaine lettuce, cucumber and a pinch of parsley. Serve with the tomato salad and a wedge of lemon.