Friday: Cowboy pie
8 frozen pork sausages
900g pack frozen mashed potato
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 red onions, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 x 420g tins Stockwell & Co. baked beans
2 tbsp BBQ sauce
50g mature Cheddar, coarsely grated
400g Grower’s Harvest frozen garden peas
1. Preheat the grill to high. Place the frozen sausages on a nonstick baking tray and grill for 20 mins, turning frequently, until evenly golden and cooked through. Cut into bite-sized pieces on a slight diagonal.
2. Meanwhile, cook the mashed potato according to pack instructions. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Fry the onions and garlic for 5-6 mins until lightly golden. Remove from the heat and stir through the sausages, baked beans and BBQ sauce and season. Tip into a large ovenproof dish.
4. Top with the mashed potato, swirling it with a fork to encourage a crispy finish. Sprinkle over the cheese and grill for 10 mins until golden and bubbling.
5. Meanwhile, cook the peas in a pan of boiling, salted water for 3-5 mins until tender. Drain and serve with the cowboy pie.