How to pick your Use Up Day
Follow these steps to give Use Up Day a go:
1. Pick a day
Your Use Up Day should ideally be just before your shopping day. To organise it, think about:
- When you typically go for your main food shop?
- What evening you're usually at home?
- When everyone in your household is together?
2. Make it official (and fun)
Set a weekly reminder for your use-up day and get family, friends or housemates involved. This can be a reminder in your phone, on the calendar or family planner or even a note pinned to the fridge.
3. Take stock in the kitchen
See what you can find by:
- Foraging in your fridge
- Deep diving into your freezer
- Raiding your cupboards
If you’re enjoying treats from the freezer as part of your Use Up Day just remember to reheat cooked food until it’s piping hot. For more tips on freezing and defrosting food, read Love Your Freezer.
4. Get inspiration from our recipe website
Make a tasty meal using up your ingredients, why not try using our recipe finder tool to see what you can make?