Olly's 'thank you' Finest burgers
Olly makes his favourite Mexican-inspired burgers as a way of saying thank you to his mum for helping him with his reading. He adds cool guacamole, crunchy tortilla chips and a fresh homemade pico de gallo as the ultimate toppings for Tesco Finest ultimate brisket and chuck burgers.
- Preheat oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Place the sweet potato fries on a baking tray and drizzle over the olive oil, toss to coat then sprinkle over the cayenne pepper. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes until golden.
- To make the guacamole, destone the avocado and spoon the flesh into a bowl. Mash with a fork and stir through the coriander and lime juice; set aside.
- To make the pico de gallo, stir the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Season; set aside for 20 mins for the flavours to develop.
- To cook the burgers, heat a large griddle or frying pan over a high heat, then reduce heat to medium. Place the burgers in the pan and use a spatula to lightly press them down to make full contact. Cook the burgers for 5-6 mins before carefully flipping over and pressing down again with the spatula, then cooking for a further 5-6 mins.
- Once cooked, transfer the burgers to a baking tray. Top the burgers with cheese and put them in the oven to melt the cheese. Carefully wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper and place the burger buns, cut side down, in the pan for 1 min to lightly toast.
- Transfer the bun bases to plates and top each with a lettuce leaf, a spoonful of guacamole, a cheeseburger, 1 tbsp sliced jalapeños, 4-5 tortilla chips, then 1 heaped tbsp of the pico de gallo. Top with the bun lids and serve with the sweet potato fries.
Get ahead: You can make the pico de gallo the day before. Store covered in the fridge, then remove 20 mins to bring back to room temperature before serving.
See more Burger recipes and discover more ways to use the Tesco Finest ultimate brisket & chuck burger
You can find a dyslexia-friendly version of this recipe here.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.
View full recipe details