Chicken parmigiana burgers recipe
This indulgent but easy burger recipe is inspired by a classic Italian chicken parmigiana, but made simple for a Friday night treat! Pile up crispy chicken goujons with tomato sauce and plenty of melting mozzarella for a new twist on a chicken burger for dinner. See method
- 600g frozen crinkle-cut chips
- 16 breaded chicken goujons
- 210g pack mozzarella
- 4 tiger rolls
- 4 heaped tbsp tomato and herb pasta sauce
- 5g fresh basil, leaves picked
- 60g rocket
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Put the chips on a baking tray in a single layer and cook in the middle of the oven for 24-28 mins until crisp, turning halfway through cooking.
- Put the goujons on a baking sheet and bake above the chips for 15 mins until golden, crisp, and cooked through. Meanwhile, drain the mozzarella in a sieve in the sink to remove excess liquid.
- Split and toast the burger buns. When the chicken is cooked, transfer the goujons to the toasted bread bases, piling them up if needed, and spread 1 heaped tbsp tomato sauce over the top of each. Cut the mozzarella into 4 slices and lay on top of the chicken and sauce.
- Remove the bun lids from the tray and place the stacked burgers back in the oven for 4-5 mins until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Add a few basil leaves to the top of each burger, and top with the bun lids. Serve with the chips and rocket salad, tossed with the olive oil.
See more Burger recipes