Dress up a traditional chicken Caesar salad with a flavoursome herby pesto and olive twist. This warm chicken salad is perfect for packing on picnics or a light lunch.
- Start by placing the chicken breasts onto an oven tray and drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil over them with a little salt and pepper to season and pepper to season. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Whilst the chicken is cooking you can prep the salad.
- Either in 1 large bowl or 4 individual bowls, arrange the salad leaves (Romaine and sweet gem), cherry tomatoes, pine nuts and olives.
- In a nonstick frying pan add the bread cubes, 3 tbsp oil and some seasoning. Toss together to coat all the bread and fry this on a high heat to brown and crisp up. You will need to keep tossing the bread in the pan, when you have a nice golden colour remove onto some kitchen paper and set aside.
- When the chicken is ready remove from the oven. Slice the chicken and place into a bowl, then add half the tub of pesto to the chicken and give it a good stir making sure every piece is coated.
- In a jam jar, add the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil, the other half of the tub of pesto and the juice and zest of the lemon. Add a little seasoning to taste and give it a good shake.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, add the chicken, and finish with the croutons and some parmesan shavings.
See more #EvenBetter recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home and view the full Food safety at home video.