Chocolate and cranberry rice snap puddings recipe
Rice snaps are mixed with melted dark chocolate, dried cranberries and a pinch of salt, then shaped into mini Christmas puddings and decorated with white chocolate. The perfect Christmas treat. See method
- 65g butter, cubed
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100g mini pink and white marshmallows
- 100g rice crispies
- 30g dried cranberries
- 100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- Christmas sprinkles, to decorate
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- In a glass bowl set over a pan of just simmering water, melt together the butter, dark chocolate and marshmallows. Stir often until you have a smooth chocolatey mix.
- Stir in the rice snaps and dried cranberries, and mix well until everything is evenly coated.
- Leave to cool for 5 mins before shaping into Christmas puddings. To do this, use a tablespoon and the palm of your hand to shape the mix into pudding shapes. They should be roughly the size of a golf ball. Place in the cake cases and chill for 15-20 mins.
- Melt the white chocolate in 20 sec bursts in the microwave, stirring between each, until fully melted.
- Using a teaspoon drizzle white chocolate over the puddings to look like icing. Top with the red and green sprinkles for the ‘holly’.
See more Christmas baking recipes