Chocolate-dipped watermelon with crushed pistachios recipe
Looking for summery snack ideas? Give this easy vegan watermelon recipe a go. Dip frozen cubes of watermelon in dark chocolate, sprinkle with pistachios and leave to set! You can even make ahead and freeze for when you need last-minute sweet treats. See method
- 1 small watermelon (about 1.5kg), peeled and cut into cubes
- 350g dark chocolate
- 100g pistachios, very finely chopped
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Spread the watermelon in a single layer on a baking tray lined with nonstick baking paper and freeze for 3-4 hrs until almost fully frozen.
- Melt the chocolate in a small heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) a pan of simmering water, or in short bursts in the microwave. Put the pistachios in a shallow bowl.
- Spear a watermelon piece with a fork, then spread over the chocolate to half-cover. Dip in the pistachios and return to the baking paper, chocolate-side up; repeat with the remaining watermelon. Will keep in the freezer for up to 1 week. Serve frozen or defrost for 15 mins before serving.
Tip: The watermleon is easier to coat in chocolate when frozen, but it defrosts quickly. Work in batches, leaving half in the freezer.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, enjoy within 1 month of the freezing date. For more tips on freezing and defrosting food, read our article Love Your Freezer.
See more Summer recipes