This is a sweet, easy breakfast perfect for Sunday mornings. It’s a great way to use up slightly stale bread if you’ve got a loaf that needs using.
- Whisk cream, milk, eggs and ground cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Dip each slice of bread in the mixture one by one and stack on a plate or chopping board. Let your little helper do the dipping, getting them to make sure the bread is nicely coated.
- Heat half the butter in a large frying pan (preferably non-stick). Once the butter is foaming, add 2 of the bread slices and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Place on a plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm while you melt the rest of the butter and fry the rest of the bread.
- Cut each slice of bread into 5 soldiers and serve alongside a dollop of yogurt sprinkled with raisins. Drizzle with honey and serve immediately. Yogurt’s optional if you want to keep it really light!
See more Easy recipes for kids