Fruit soda bread recipe
- 100g mixed dried fruit
- 175g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 75g sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp Tesco Light Choices natural yogurt
- 4 tbsp low-fat natural bio yogurt
- dash of sunflower oil
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, 180°C, 160°C fan.
- Place the dried fruit in a bowl with 150ml boiling water and set aside. Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda into another mixing bowl. Mix in the seeds and yogurt, then stir in the fruit and water. Pour the mixture into a lightly oiled 19cm x 10cm loaf tin. Bake for 25 minutes until firm and golden.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on a cooling rack. The bread will keep for a couple of days in an airtight container.
See more Irish recipes
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
Bake according to the recipe. Allow to cool completely. Wrap well in clingfilm and tin foil (to prevent freezer burn) and freeze for up to 3 months.
Loosen the tin foil and clingfilm but leave to defrost in packaging at room temperature for several hours before serving.