Children will love making these banana and chocolate ice pops - almost as much as eating them! And because they’re made with bananas and Greek-style yogurt, they are the perfect lighter option for your little ones to tuck into this summer.
- Put the chopped banana in a blender. Spoon in the yogurt, honey and vanilla extract and pour in the milk. Kids will love doing this. Put on the lid and blend until smooth. Get the kids to add 2 tbsp of sprinkles and stir with a long wooden spoon.
- Carefully divide the mixture between 2 x 4-slot ice-lolly moulds. Put the stick lids over the top and freeze for 3 hours or until solid. Alternatively, if you don’t have stick lids, freeze until the mixture is just setting, insert lolly sticks into the middle of each ice pop and then freeze until solid.
- If using chocolate, break into small squares and melt in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Remove the ice pops from the moulds by carefully dipping in hot water.
- Taking one ice pop at a time, hold by the stick and drizzle the chocolate sauce over the tip. Before the chocolate has set, quickly sprinkle with the remaining sprinkles. It might be a little messy, but kids will have great fun doing this. Leave to set for a few minutes, longer if you are using melted chocolate, and then eat immediately.
See more Easy recipes for kids