Green bean pesto pasta recipe
Adding green beans and cherry tomatoes takes this kids' pesto pasta recipe to the next level and packs in veg at the same time. You can use lots of different veggies in their place though; try peas, sweetcorn, little florets of broccoli or courgette slices. See method
- 125g wholemeal fusilli
- 100g green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 4-5 tbsp green pesto, to taste
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- handful fresh basil, shredded
If you haven't got fusilli, try using penne or another short pasta
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for 10 mins for al dente. Add the green beans to the pan for the last 4 mins of cooking.
- Drain the pasta and veg and tip back into the saucepan. Add the pesto, cherry tomatoes and olive oil. Mix well to coat the pasta. Sprinkle with basil leaves to serve.
See more Lunch ideas for kids
Cooking for children: There are no reference intakes for children and all of these recipes are based on recommendations for an adult woman's portion size. In children of different ages, there is variation in their energy (calorie) requirements and nutrient recommendations. If you are interested in which portion size is best for your child, you can visit the School Food Standards.