Harissa chicken with fruity couscous recipe
Marinating the chicken really gives it time for all of the lovely spices and harissa paste to coat the chicken. Use a packet of lemon and coriander couscous and jazz it up with some raisins for an extra tasty kick See method
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and very finely chopped
- ½tsp ground cumin
- ½tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 110g Tesco lemon and coriander couscous
- 30g extra juicy raisins
- large handful fresh chopped parsley
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Cut each chicken fillet into six slices and put in a non-metallic bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, spices and harissa. Combine everything thoroughly. Cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes if you can.
- When ready to cook, reconstitute the couscous according to pack instructions. When it is ready, stir in the raisins and the parsley. Keep warm. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan or the grill. Arrange the chicken pieces on the pan or under the grill on the rack. Cook for 3 minutes then turn over with tongs and cook for a further 2 minutes until cooked through with no pink showing. Serve with the couscous.
Tip - Try serving each portion with a large mixed leaf salad with 1 tbsp light French dressing.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.