Healthy living Moroccan spiced sausage stew recipe
Try this mouthwatering Moroccan stew for a healthy and hearty meal. See method
- 8 healthy living cumberland sausages
- olive oil spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 aubergine, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp harissa or spice mix
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- coriander leaves to scatter
- 2 x Healthy Living Moroccan bulgar wheat and lentils
If you don't have chopped tomatoes, chop up a tin of plum tomatoes instead
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Remove the skins from the sausages and roll each sausage into 2 balls, so you have 16 balls in total.
- Spray a nonstick lidded pan with olive oil and cook the sausages for a few minutes, until browned all over, remove from the pan and set aside. Spray the pan with a little more oil, if needed, and add the onion and aubergine to the pan. Put on the lid and cook for 5 minutes, stirring every so often, until the onion and aubergine are softened. Add the garlic and spice mix/harissa to the pan and cook for a minute. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and return the sausage balls to the pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Prepare the bulgur wheat and lentils as instructed on the pack and stir in half the lemon juice and zest. Add the remaining lemon juice and zest to the stew just before serving with the bulgur wheat and lentils and scatter with the coriander leaves.
*Some healthy living products may only be available in limited stores.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.