In our Food Love Story, 'Henry' was a bit gutted when he found out that his girlfriend had become a devout vegetarian – especially as he loves his steak and chips. However, being the true gent that he is, he crafted this wonderfully healthy (and tasty) meal for her that's become an instant favourite in their house.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Wrap the corn in foil and put the falafel in a large roasting tin. Bake both for 18 minutes, turning the falafel halfway through, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, toast the quinoa in a frying pan over a medium heat, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes, until golden with a nutty aroma.
- Add the stock, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes before stirring in the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Allow the baked cobs to cool slightly before removing the foil and slicing off the kernels.
- Mix the red cabbage, carrot, corn, rocket and quinoa together. Divide between 4 bowls, topping each with the falafels, avocado, and a generous dollop of tzatziki.
If you're short of time, swap the corn on the cob for a drained 325g can of sweetcorn in water.
Leftover cabbage makes for a lovely slaw – grate it together with raw beetroot, carrot and apple.