Spoil the family this weekend with this honey roast chicken recipe. Its tasty seasoning, tender onions and sweet honey takes this weekend roast dinner classic to the next level.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Slice the onions and place in a roasting tray.
- Pat the chicken dry with kitchen paper and rub all over with the butter and season inside and out with salt and pepper. Place on top of the onions and squeeze over the juice from the lemons. Put the lemon halves in the cavity of the chicken, along with the bay leaves.
- Drizzle the chicken with the honey and roast for 1 hr 10 mins, or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices from the thickest part of the thigh run clear. If browning too quickly, cover with foil.
- Store the cooked, cooled chicken in the juices from the roasting tin to keep moist. Keeps chilled for up to 3 days.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.