Typically served for brunch, this Mexican-inspired recipe is packed full of authentic flavours and makes a filling start to the day.
- Heat about 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil in a saucepan. Add a pinch of salt and half the crushed garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Add the beans and the water they are canned in, increase the heat and fry, stirring often, until the beans start to break out of their skins.
- Add the paprika, chipotle paste or tomato purée, the Worcestershire sauce and the passata and simmer for 5 minutes. Mash roughly with a potato masher, taste and season if needed. Turn off the heat, and leave the pan on the hob to keep warm.
- For the guacamole, peel and stone the avocado then mash the flesh with the lime juice, remaining garlic and coriander. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Finely dice the tomatoes and add to the avocado mix.
- Heat a little sunflower oil in a frying pan and add the sliced chorizo. Fry until starting to crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove the chorizo to a plate lined with kitchen paper. Fry each tortilla until crisp, then transfer to a plate. Fry the eggs until cooked to your liking.
- Divide the beans between the two tortillas. Top with an egg, some chorizo and the guacamole. Finish with a dollop of sour cream.
See more Breakfast recipes