The flavours of carrot, coriander and cheddar light up this wondrous side dish from Marcus Wareing. Serve with a roast dinner or, if catering for small children, as a snack.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
- Place a pan on a medium heat and add the salt and grated carrot. Cook out until the liquid evaporates.
- Then, pour in the vegetable stock and cook until the stock evaporates. Take the pan off the heat and keep to one side.
- Get another pan and place that over a low-medium heat, adding the olive oil. Add the onions and sweat the until soft but not coloured.
- Combine the onions with the carrot mixture as well as coriander, cheese and egg. Mix well and season with pepper.
- Place the mixture in a baking tray (preferably rectangular-shaped and approximately 10cm x 15cm x 3cm) lined with parchment paper. Hand the kids a spatula and let them run it over the mixture in the tray to ensure the surface is smooth, then cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve immediately.
See more Easy recipes for kids