This recipe is ideal for when you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Chef Vivek Singh uses Indian spices and Indian cheese (paneer) to create a delicious mix that you can spread over your naan bread before grilling.
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the cumin seeds to the pan. When they start to crackle, add the garlic to the pan and cook until golden.
- Next add the onion and fry until it begins to change colour. Then add the turmeric, salt and peppers. Sweat for approximately 5 minutes until they start softening.
- Add the green chillies and cook for a further 2 minutes. Mix the grated paneer cheese and cream into the pan. Finish by sprinkling some green coriander and lemon juice.
- Let the mix cool once it’s ready, and then add the Cheddar cheese. Let your little helpers carefully spread the mix onto each piece of naan bread. Then place the naan under a hot grill for around 10 minutes.
- Halve each naanza and serve straightaway.
Find out more about the chefs
See more Indian recipes
A recipe from the Great British Chefs main meals and vegetarian collection