This Mexican-inspired recipe lets you get creative with cooked turkey. Ready in just 30 minutes, it’s the perfect, easy family meal to prepare. The turkey filling is packed with warming spices and the super-simple tortilla topping is crunchy, cheesy and delicious. For a fresh finish, top with chopped avocado, chilli and coriander.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a high heat. Add the onions and peppers and stir-fry for 6-8 mins until golden.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée and spices, and season. Pour in 200ml hot water and mix everything together well. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 mins until the tomatoes have broken down.
- Add the turkey, black beans and lime juice. Mix together and remove the pan from the heat.
- Preheat the grill to high. Tip the turkey mixture into a baking dish. Break the tortillas into pieces and scatter over the mix, then sprinkle over the grated mozzarella. Grill for 3-4 mins until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are lightly golden.
- Top with the avocado, chillies and coriander (if using). Dollop the soured cream over and finish with a pinch of smoked paprika.
Tip: You could swap the grated mozzarella for Cheddar or red Leicester, and reduce the amount of chilli if you would prefer the pie a little less spicy.
See more Turkey recipes