Mixed heart pizzettes recipe
These heart-shaped pizzettes are so easy to make and an adorable way to treat your loved one this Valentine's Day. Top them with fragrant garlicky greens and creamy ricotta, or alternatively, turn up the heat with spicy Spanish chorizo and tomato. See method
- 2 x 280g ready-rolled round pizza dough bases
- 140g pack mixed olives with garlic and chilli, to serve
- 200g pack mozzarella balls and slow-roasted tomatoes, to serve
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g sliced greens
- nutmeg, grated
- 2 tsp ricotta
- 1 tsp Parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese, grated
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Heat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Unroll the pizza dough and cut each circle into quarters. Transfer the slices to 2 oiled baking sheets. Mould the top of each into a heart shape.
- Make the garlicky greens by heating the oil in a nonstick frying pan with the crushed garlic, stirring for 1 min. Add the sliced greens and a splash of water and cook, stirring, until wilted and the moisture has evaporated. Add a small grating of nutmeg and season. Spread the heart bases with the ricotta, top with the greens and the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 mins, or until the pizzas are golden and crispy. Put on a board or platter and serve with the mixed olives and the mozzarella and slow-roasted tomatoes.
Tasty twist: For a spicy sausage and tomato topping, skin 50g Spanish cooking chorizo sausages and cut into small chunks. Heat in a nonstick frying pan on a low heat and dry-fry until crisp. Drain any excess fat and add ½ x 340g jar tomato and chilli pasta sauce; simmer for 5 mins. Spread the mix onto the pizza bases and top with 50g sliced half-fat mozzarella. Scatter over chopped flat-leaf parsley to serve.
See more Valentine's Day recipes