One-pot Mexican beef stew recipe
A quick and easy take on a traditional Mexican beef stew, this fiery one-pot can be prepared in just 20 minutes. Paprika and chipotle sauce gives this dish a lovely smoky flavour, while the butter beans add a rich creaminess. See method
- 1 tbsp oil
- 350g beef stir-fry strips
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 31g pack coriander, leaves and stalks separated
- 95g jar chipotle chilli and smoked paprika paste
- 400g tin butter beans, drained
If you don't have red onions, try using white, brown or spring onions
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, when hot add the beef and onion wedges and stir fry for 5 mins, until the beef is brown and the onion beginning to colour.
- Finely chop the coriander stalks and add to the pan, along with the paprika and chilli chipotle sauce. Fill the sauce jar with freshly boiled water and add to the pan with a further 2 jars of water. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir the butter beans into the stew, season with plenty of salt and pepper, warm through for 2 mins, or until the beans are hot. Remove from the heat, stir through the coriander and serve.
See more Beef stew recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.