Pumpkin sushi rice balls recipe
Make your Halloween party extra special with this adorably spooky sushi, made with smoked salmon and crunchy cucumber. Not only are these treats super easy, but they're also dairy-free, so watch these disappear from the dinner table scarily fast! See method
- 300g sushi rice
- 9cm piece cucumber, cut into 12 cubes
- 100g smoked salmon
- 3 coriander stalks, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 nori seaweed sheet
- 50ml low-salt soy sauce, for dipping
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Cook the rice to pack instructions, then set aside until cool enough to handle. Wet your hands with water or a little oil so the rice doesn’t stick. Put about 1 tbsp rice in the palm of your hand and top with a cucumber cube. Add another 1 tbsp rice on top, then roll the rice around the cucumber until it’s completely covered and you have a solid rice ball. Repeat to make 12 balls.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut the salmon into 12 x 5cm-wide circles and use to top each rice ball. Stick a coriander stalk into the rice to resemble a pumpkin stem. Cut triangle eyes and mouth shapes out of the seaweed and stick on top of the salmon for faces. Serve immediately with the soy sauce for dipping.
See more Halloween recipes